Musica Sacra – 2020 Carnegie Hall Trip Information
Trip Dates: Fri. March 20, 2020 – Tues. March 24, 2020
Performance: Monday, March 23, 2020 at 8:00pm
- Practice Tracks have been provided by MCP.
- Tracks include: Balanced Voices, Part Predominant, and Piano Only
- Tracks can be downloaded to any device.
- CLICK HERE (pw: mcptracks2020)
- Westin New York, Times Square – Ballroom
270 W. 43rd Street (Corner of 43rd St & 8th Ave)
- The Westin is approx. 0.6 miles from the Courtyard hotel (walk time = approx. 13 min.)
AC Note: This will be finalized by MCP 60 days out from the concert (Jan 23, 2020)
- Sat. March 21 — 8:45 AM – 1:00 PM (Arrive no later than 8:30 AM)
- Sun. March 22 — 1:15 PM – 5:30 PM (Arrive no later than 1:00 PM)
- Mon. March 23 — 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM (Arrive no later than 12:45 PM)
CALL TIME and FINAL SOUND CHECK @ Carnegie Hall
- Mon. March 23 — TBA Btw 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM (Arrive no later than __:__ PM)
- LOCATION: Carnegie Hall Stage Door — 161 West 56th Street (East of 7th Ave.)
- Carnegie Hall is approx 0.3 miles from the Courtyard hotel (walk time = approx 5 min.)
- Singers should plan to arrive 15 minutes early to each rehearsal in order to find assigned seat.
- If using surface transportation (taxi, Uber, Lyft, bus, etc.), please allow ample time for traffic.
- Singers should bring their own original music and a pencil in a black binder or choral folder.
- Singers should bring a water bottle and a snack to each rehearsal.
- There will be places to refill water and use the restroom during rehearsal breaks.
- Black suit with black shirt and black tie; OR black pants with black shirt and black tie, and black belt (not brown)
- Black blouse with black pants/long skirt; OR black dress (min. ¾ sleeve, knee length or longer)
HOSIERY & SHOES
- All singers should wear black hosiery/socks.
- Singers should wear comfortable black shoes. Singers will be standing while on stage, and may encounter stairs backstage. [If you require accommodations, please contact Anneliese.]
Several choristers will be staying in Musica Sacra’s block of rooms at:
Courtyard by Marriott – Central Park (1717 Broadway, New York, NY 10019)
Upon arrival in NYC, those who are staying at the Courtyard will receive a packet from John Wegener with your room keys, and other important hotel information. [John is going to check everyone in at once, since he is the point of contact listed on our contract with Courtyard.]
TRAVEL TO/FROM NYC
- TBD – Working on group flight options.
TO/FROM AIRPORT & HOTEL
- TBD – Working on shuttle or tour bus options.
ENTERTAINMENT / TOUR IDEAS
The below items are suggestions from the planning team since many of our singers have never been to New York. Feel free to organize a group outing with other choristers, or explore the city on your own!
- Restaurant.com or TripAdvisor.com
- Broadway “Show & Dinner” packages
- Restaurants near popular attractions, along with reviews
- Suggested walking itineraries
- Food tours (ethnic, food trucks, etc.)
- “Hot Tckts Booth” for lower-price, same-day tickets
- Shopping: 5th Avenue or SoHo
(Celebrity sighting potential!)
- Central Park
- Lincoln Center
- Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, Radio City Music Hall
- NBC Studios; Today Show; Live Taping [Note: these are *early*
- Museums (Met, MOMA, Whitney, Fricke, Natural History)
- The Statue of Liberty
- Ground Zero Memorial
- Empire State Building
- Harbor Dinner Cruise
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge (free!)
- Big Onion Tours
- East Village — Jazz Music (several notable jazz venues are in this area)
- Battery Park, Financial District