*** IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION ***
We desperately wish we were past the point of needing to take precautions, but we are not quite there yet. Since we are rehearsing and performing in person this season, and public health conditions are still changing, all participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Masking will depend upon local health conditions, and requirements of our venues.
Vaccine Policy Masking Procedures
Join Musica Sacra!
Musica Sacra welcomes new members! We are committed to building and sustaining an ensemble of dedicated musicians who are representative of Cincinnati’s diverse heritage, and where all members of our chorus, orchestra and audience feel welcome, regardless of their ethnic, racial, religious, cultural or socio-economic background.
If you are an experienced chorister who shares these values, as well as our passion for bringing to life masterworks of sacred choral literature, we invite you to join us!
Musica Sacra of Cincinnati holds auditions throughout the year.
NOTE: If you are interested in joining our orchestra, please contact Cincinnati Musicians’ Association.
Auditions are scheduled by appointment only.
Please contact Charlotte Schaengold, Chorus Manager at 513-240-6951 to schedule your audition time.
Episcopal Church of the Redeemer
2944 Erie Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45208
- Performing a short solo from classical literature (need not be memorized)
- Vocalization to assess range, vocal ability and flexibility
- You may also be asked to sight-read a short selection
Other Audition Information:
- An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music for piano and voice, with the cut clearly marked for the accompanist.
- Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early. If we are running ahead of schedule, we may audition you early.
- Rehearsals are held on Monday evenings from 7:15-9:30pm at Redeemer, unless otherwise announced by the Music Director or Chorus Manager.
- Due to concentrated rehearsal periods, punctuality and attendance are very important. Three consecutive missed rehearsals will require the permission of the Music Director to participate in the upcoming concert.
via PayPal or Credit Card
Or, you may send a check payable to:
Musica Sacra Foundation
PO Box 43122
Cincinnati, OH 45243